This was inevitable. Why stop at nude lipsticks? From time to time we all need help with choosing the right shade of lipstick (or any kind of makeup product for that matter), whatever that shade may be, and need a second opinion on whether to go with Mac Angel or Mac Cream Cup, or in my case, neither! This is why I live to blog! Being able to see the lipstick actually on the lips and not just reading a well written, thorough review or seeing pictures of lipstick only swatched on the back of the hand/arm, (although I provide both so you can pick and choose) is important! Afterall, my face is not the same colour as my hand/arm let alone my lips, and if you have a sheer lip product, then the natural colour of your lips will effect the colour payoff of said sheer lipstick.
In this post, I hand pick my 7 perfect, pink lipsticks which would work well on south east asian complexions like mine. That doesn’t mean that it won’t suit other complexions from other different ethnic backgrounds though, because there is always something to suit each and everyone of us out there. I just feel that for me, whenever I used to on the hunt for a new lipstick, I would actually put my search into Google and it would literally read “best pink lipsticks for asian skin tones”. However, I struggled to find the results that I wanted. Now after years of practice, I kind of know which shades suit me and which shades to steer clear of. So this is a true example of a blog post that I would be interested in reading.
Whilst I like to think that I am unique, I bet there’s a fair few of you out there that do the same thing. So for those of you that do, I hope this post helps you out.
So without further ado….
1. Chanel Rouge Allure in 40 Prodigious a.k.a The Soft Peachy Pink
2. Mac Cremesheen Lipstick in Hot Gossip a.k.a. The Creamy Neutral Pink
3. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie a.k.a. The Magenta Pink
4. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 80 Suspense a.k.a. The Sheer Wash of Berry Pink
5. Loreal Paris Color Riche Lipstick M405 Pink Cerise a.k.a The Irridescent Fuchsia Pink
6. YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats in 207 a.k.a. The Matte, Mid-tone Cool Pink
7. Nars Audacious Lipstick in Fanny a.k.a. The Plummy Pink
So what are your thoughts? What’s your favourite ‘Perfect Pink’ Lipstick…do tell.