I hadn’t planned on creating a series but sometimes opportunities only reveal themselves once you’ve taken the first step. Don’t worry, I’m not about to get all philosophical on you now but if you haven’t read my ‘7 Perfect Nudes…‘ or my ‘7 Perfect Pinks…‘, be sure to check them out. Maybe you’re just interested in finding out my lipstick nominations for the perfect red that work well to compliment the more warmer, more yellow and less pink, south east asian skin tone. In that case, sod the other two posts (but please don’t).
Whilst I don’t often sport a red lip, I sure have a collection that says otherwise. Red is the ultimate statement lip colour and for that reason, I think I’ve often shied away from it. Don’t ask me why, maybe it’s paranoia that everyone in the room is looking at me, the girl with the bright red lip, and I don’t take too well to being the centre of attention (although don’t mention that to my drunk, 10-years younger, alter-ego which friends have called Dot. Don’t ask). Having said that, I think red is actually one of the colours that people with a skin tone similar to mine can get away with wearing in absolutely any shade in the spectrum. Weird huh? Anyway, I’ll say no more and just leave you with my hand picked selection of the 7 perfect red lipsticks that really works well with south east asian skin tones.
1. Maybelline ColorShow Lipstick in 203 cherry On Top a.k.a The Neutral Toned Red
2. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 111 Kiss of Life a.k.a The Matte Warm Red
3. Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense a.k.a The Maroon Red
4. Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 660 In Love With Ginger a.k.a. The Neon Orangey Red
5. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 107 Wine a.k.a. The Matte Wine Red
6. Bite Matte Lip Creme Lipstick- shade customised a.k.a. The Creamy Berry Red
7. Nars Audacious Lipstick in Annabella a.k.a The Hot and Spicy Red